18 Mar NOTICE – COVID-19 – UforChange Response Update
UforChange participants, please note the studio is temporarily closed for at least 2 weeks, possibly longer. We are adhering to our government’s directives. These are very stressful times for everyone as we are inundated with a lot of information about COVID – 19.
To ensure the safety of our participants, staff and office colleagues “Business in the Streets” and coworkers, we have decided to close the studio, despite top notch hygiene protocols set in place. Social distancing is the route to go. If you are having a tough time with the isolation, let us UforChange staff know. We can help with creative ideas.
All currently enrolled youth will be contacted directly during the next few days. If you want to reach out to staff, do not hesitate to do so. A Slack group is set up for everyone to remain easily connected to staff and each other. An interactive video system is also being looked at, likely Zoom. This way, if you are working on assignments, we can conduct virtual classes to help meet your needs.
For regular updates, you can call into our main phone # 647-478-4591 where a message will be recorded with program updates, as they arise.
We encourage you to:
- Stay at home as much as possible.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Refrain from touching your face.
- Drink water to keep flushing your throat.
- Stay in touch with friends by phone, text, video calls, emails. This will help you stay positive.
- Monitor your symptoms (See diagram below) https://www.cdc.gov/…/2019-n…/downloads/COVID19-symptoms.pdf