07 Apr Join Our Team: UX Designer Artist Mentor
Artist Mentor: User Experience Designer
Date Posted: April 6, 2021
Application Deadline: April 26, 2021
Start Date: June 2021
Contract: June – August 2021
UforChange is seeking an experienced UX professional who is excited to mentor a diverse group of young people on the fundamentals of user experience. The program will be delivered online. UforChange Artist Mentors are given the opportunity to teach, mentor and develop their skills, while teaching in a project based setting.
Working with the Program Manager, you will be responsible for designing and launching the program.
This is a pilot program. If the pilot is successful, there is potential for extension of contract.
Mission: To mentor young people in the pursuit of their artistic and aspirational passions in an inclusive state.
Vision: Every young Canadian confidently pursues a future rich with opportunity.
UforChange Movement is a nonprofit organization that provides arts programming to young people ages 16-29. We also support young people with their educational goals, professional pursuits and personal endeavors. Our program is divided into 8-month cycles available to 45 creative young people. At the end of each cycle, a final art exhinit called Vivacity is organized, which celebrates the graduating youth and showcases the culminated work they have created while in the program. Vivacity is a public event open to families, friends and the community from around the city.
Primary areas of responsibility:
- Teaching the fundamentals of user experience design
- Facilitate in-class activities, group discussions, demos, design challenges, and mentor the next wave of UX talent
- Actively work on writing and researching new content to teach the most up to teach the most up to date design skills to our students
- Help develop a curriculum and lesson plan for the cohort
- Provide paid and unpaid opportunities in the field
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and UforChange events
- Participate in any arrangements for further training and professional development
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of young persons
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidates will have:
- 2+ years experience as a User Experience Designer and a Bachelor’s degree/Diploma relevant to the subject matter OR 4+ years work experience in the vocation
- Expertise working with industry standard tools used to design and prototype software solutions, including Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and InVision.
- A deep understanding of design thinking and the frameworks used by organizations to design highly usable software solutions
- Experience teaching, mentoring, managing projects and/or leading teams.
- An empathetic, inclusive, enthusiastic personality, and is someone who enjoys helping others and facilitating learning
- A sincere passion for education and creating positive learning experiences for others
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter (PDF documents only) to email@example.com and quote User Experience Artist Mentor in the subject line by 5:00PM on April 26, 2021. We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We will carefully review your application and respond personally to applicants that best match the qualifications for the open positions. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other factors prohibited by law.
For more information on UforChange, please visit our website, www.uforchange.org